Airframe and Powerplant Technician
Now hiring an experienced A&P Technician for AVMATS Engine Support
- Candidate must possess an Airframe & Powerplant license.
- Day shift position Monday thru Friday, overtime as needed.
- Some travel required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Applicant must have working knowledge of aircraft and engine systems applicable to position.
- Perform standard A&P functions including inspection, repair, system checkout and basic sheet metal skills.
- Applicant should include a summary of their training history.
- Applicant is required to supply basic A&P hand-tools.
- Process inspection forms and sign name as Technician that work is completed and is airworthy.
- Responsible to the Supervisor.
- Familiarization with procedures and guidelines outlined in Repair Station and Quality Control manuals.
- Report any suspected non-airworthy conditions found during the performance of their duties.
- Accomplish work in accordance with approved standards.
- Ascertain that any precision measuring equipment are in proper working order and calibrated.
- Follow standard safety precautions to prevent any accidents or injuries.
- Military Personnel must provide a copy of DD214.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) License or enough work experience allowing candidate to test for the A&P License.
- Exceptional troubleshooting ability and supporting and maintaining general aviation aircraft.
- Effective communications skills both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to multi-task and work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Work within a team environment.
- Be able to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands/arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- May require lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds or more.