Accessory Shop Technician
Now hiring an experienced Accessory Shop Technician for AVMATS Component Support
Duties include: Overhaul, repair, and testing of simple and/or complex aircraft accessories. Working with component and/or aircraft maintenance manuals. Lifting and manipulating objects from 30 to 50 lbs. unassisted, for assembly, disassembly, and test. These objects include, but not limited to, hydraulic system components, pneumatic system components, landing gear, wheels, brakes, starter generators, and electro-mechanical actuators. Able to operate test equipment from a standing position and carry out body movements required for manipulation of the component under test. Familiar with a FAR Part 145 repair station environment is a plus and an FAA Airframe & Powerplant license is preferred.
- Candidate must have mechanical experience and/or aptitude in an accessory shop setting.
- Day shift position Monday thru Friday, overtime as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Applicant is required to supply basic hand-tools.
- Able to utilize tools such as ¼" drive deep and shallow 12 point sockets and ratchet and extensions; ¼" to 1" open end and boxed end wrenches; needle nose pliers, etc.
- Inspection, service and repair of small components such as fuel pumps.
- Responsible to be familiar with and understand workplace manual.
- Able to lift and manipulate objects from 30 – 50 lbs. Unassisted, for assembly, disassembly, and test. These objects may include, but not limited to, hydraulic system components, pneumatic system components, landing gear, wheels, brakes, start generators, and electro-mechanical actuators.
- Military Personnel must provide a copy of DD214.
- Must work well with others.
- Effective communications skills both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Required to pass a pre-employment drug screening.
- Be able to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands/arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must have valid driver's license.