TIG Welder (Day Shift)
Fabricating, fitting, and welding materials such as Aluminum, Stainless Steel, Hastelloy, Inconel, Magnesium, etc.
This job entails fabrication, assembly, and welding by means of TIG of large and small metal structures and equipment through the use of welders. The position will use and maintain specialized machinery for industrial welding in a weld shop that is an integral part of supporting the engine overhaul and repair of jet engines. The weld shop also supports our hanger and component shops as well as our outside customer base.
Position Location and Schedule
Full-time, first-shift position at AVMATS Engine Support.
836 Texas Ct.
O’Fallon, MO 63366
- Monday - Friday
- 7 am to 3:30 pm
- Overtime time available as needed
- Must have experience TIG Welding. This is not an entry level position.
- Ability to weld Aluminum, Stainless Steel, Hastelloy, Inconel, Magnesium.
- Must be able to read and interpret engineered drawings and work instructions.
- Have helmet, gloves, and assorted tools to complete work assigned.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- Ability to follow and enforce strict safety precautions such as wearing heat-resistant gloves, protective masks, and safety shoes.
- Be able to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands/arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds or more unassisted.
Preferred Experience or Qualifications
- Being able to think outside of the box is a plus.
- Previous experience in aviation welding is a plus.
Salary & Benefits
- $25-$35/hr (rate depends on experience)
- Full time employees are eligible for Health, Dental, Life and Vision Insurance on the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment
- 2 weeks paid vacation and 7 paid holidays per year
- 401K Retirement Plan